Monday, April 8

Mid-afternoon arrival in Jefferson Iowa

We had a pleasant drive from Peculiar to Jefferson. We are listening to an audio book and that always makes the miles go quickly. Two pleasant surprises upon our arrival.

Last winter we discovered our TV antenna on the mortorhome was not working so we purchased a new one and were pleased with our reception in the Rio Grande Valley but did not know how well it would work in Jefferson. It works very well, meaning if we wanted to we could get along without DirecTV. I do not see that happening however. One of us has a TV addiction.

The second nice surprise is that with the new booster antenna that I sold many of in the park this year I have an adequate Internet connection without Verizon. So Goodbye Verizon!! Our internet Verizon contract will expire next month I believe. That is a savings of $60 a month!

The mailman was walking by just as we were getting settled in so he knows we are back. We went to the post office and picked up the mail that we had held since we left the RGV. There wasn't much. I used to look forward to the mail. Not so much anymore.

The weather is perfect today but I understand we have some cold and wet stuff coming our way soon. It was great to have nice weather for getting parked in our spot and settled in. I am very grateful for that and the safe and easy trip home. I would love to put my rain barrel out but I took a peek at the temps for Thursday and the bad news for that one day at least is 33 degrees for a high and 25 degrees for a low. That is way too low and I like my rain barrel way too much to have it freeze and crack.

No comments: