Sunday, March 17

You don't say...

Google Calendar
I recently started using my Google Calendar in a more interactive way. I have added all the birthdays I can think of and I have added all the events, one time events or recurring events. And I get email reminders of all of this. So when I get a message that says you have no events scheduled today Sun Mar 17, 2013. I think '"Good, a free day."

My yesterday
Friday night I became suddenly congested and thought I was having an allergic event. I take Zyrtec for allergies on a regular basis but sometimes it isn't enough and I thought this to be the case. Before I went to bed I asked Butch for one of his high powered Allegra-D. His allergies are more severe than mine. I slept well from 10:00 PM to 11:30 PM and then my eyes popped open as if it were noon! Sometimes I do not do well if it says non-drowsy on the package and I had not thought of that. I was wide awake and wired. I stayed in bed thinking surely sleep would come at some point but no such luck. I finally gave up on it happening at about 5:00 AM, getting up and on with my day, sure that I would crash at some point. I cleaned house and took care of various other chores and all the time remaining wide-eyed and bushy tailed. After supper Butch headed off to the pool hall and I told him it may be all quiet when he got home but if so he would know why. After supper I faded fast and retired about 7:00 PM and slept well till about 5:00 this morning. I have a cold but as colds go it isn't a bad one. The minute I decided that, I started on zinc cold therapy. I hate the taste of the stuff but it sure knocks it for me in short order. That and my click here: neti-pot.

High Compliment
One of my computer students paid me a compliment that meant the world to me. She said she had taken a 6 week computer course, 4 hours a day and paid  money for it and learned more from me this season than she ever did from that class. It made me very happy to hear that.
I try to stay with practical things. The classes are not structured. They seem to take on a life of their own. I ask what they want to know about and someone will ask a question and we are off and running. If they come up dry I will land on something to tell them about and it rolls from there. It is always fun and the time flies. They keep coming back week after week and they are not obliged to, so it must be working. One of my larger classes this winter was 25 people. I didn't count them but someone else did and told me. I would love to start something like this in our hometown but not sure how to get the ball rolling.

Till next time...

No comments: