Thursday, November 1

Settling in

Yes, still settling in... I have an appointment for a haircut with Yolanda this morning. Butch cut my hair all summer and he did a great job but every now and then we need a professional to cut it. We have returned to our routine of a morning and evening walk.
Weighed in for the first time yesterday. Our start day was October 9th after seeing my picture on Facebook. I have lost 10.5 pounds since last Spring. And Butch has lost 10 as well. Had to share... I must say I am benefiting in many ways other than looking better. As a matter of fact I am not so sure the looking better is noticeable to anyone but me...and that's okay. 

I am hoping to get windows cleaned today. The one I look out of most frequently is extremely speckled. I have also started in on bracelets again in a casual way. So the beat goes on but in a different place is all.

One of the side dishes I prepare is fried cauliflower. I prepared this when we were in Llano and took a picture of the raw state and then the fried state with onions.
I slice it up as I would potatoes...and then fry it in olive oil with onions.

The result is very similar in taste and texture to fried potatoes and as Lisa pointed out it doesn't stick to the skillet!  Try it and let me know what you think.

No comments: