Friday, October 12

Today and Yesterday

Yesterday we went to the clinic for a final checkup before heading south next week. We were both okay and even lost a pound or two. I saw a picture of myself from the family reunion on the 6th and that was my wake up call to start on South Beach. We have done it before so it isn't unfamiliar. So far -so good The first two weeks are kind of strict but we are hanging in there.
While at the clinic we received our flu shots and then we went to the pharmacy and got our shingles vaccine. I received mine in the opposite arm than the flu shot but Butch went with both in the same arm. They assured us there were no problems with this either way. In our opinion they are wrong. She also said that any side affects would be past in about 3 hours. During the evening we were both tired and cold...perhaps not unusual. I went to bed about nine, Butch was later. He woke during the night with his arm and shoulder aching and it continued into the morning. I awoke early and then became quite chilled so I went back to bed to warm up. We both were just off our stride most of the day. I hope we are back to normal tomorrow.
We did get the garage straightened a bit and took several items to the curb...and they disappeared...at least part of it did. We need to go to the landfill with lots of stuff but decided to try the curb giveaway first. We are glad we did. It will lessen our landfill bill.

Yesterday after the doctor appt., we did get the trap door finished and the remainder of the flooring in the stool compartment. We will have two full boxes of flooring to return to Lowes. At $70+ a box that is good news.
I am still loving that floor and would recommend it to anyone.
Tomorrow I have another JIGS gathering to attend and it will be great to see many of my old classmates one more time before we leave.
until next time...

No comments: