Sunday, July 8

Cooler

It did feel cooler this morning but I still worked up a sweat on my walk and even more so when I came home and pulled a bunch of weeds taking advantage of cloud cover. The minute the sun came out I was done. Later after Butch played 18 holes of golf we went out to Leo and Keri's for a visit. On the way we noticed how distressed the corn is. I checked the 10 day forecast and there is not a drop of rain in the forecast. I am afraid it is a death sentence for the local corn. I am sure it is spotty but Jefferson has not been lucky this season in the rain lottery. What little rain Iowa has received has not fallen on our little town.
We are looking at cooler temps for the next week or so and this makes the prospect of getting house things done looking like a more pleasant possibility.
One thing I have failed to mention is that we are part of a Neilsen rating this week. Wednesday is our last day. Watching TV is tedious at best and then keeping track of what is being watched is even more tedious. However it does give us the chance to tell them EXACTLY what we think of TV. Butch gets perturbed with it and I get downright livid. I could shut it off and never look back. Butch does not share that feeling and that is why we still turn it on. Anyway, you now know one of the families who have taken part in a Neilsen rating.

No comments: