Tuesday, July 10

A Different Kind of Morning

When I awoke this morning I could tell it was a cooler day because the AC wasn't humming away at 6:00 A M. Isn't supposed to last long however so we must enjoy it for the bit that it is here. I went out at at 6:00 and watered everything and that is my usual routine unfortunately. I must use the hose to water now because my rain barrel is dry. It takes less time using the hose. It would be so nice to have a break from the daily watering chores. The trees are now becoming stressed.
 At any rate I finished early and had some time before meeting Colleen for our walk so I turned on the computer. It seemed everything I encountered was of interest. Just one of those very different days. Josh Nelson is a grand nephew by marriage of Butch's at least I think that is the way it is. He is the grandson-in-law of Butch's sister Marlene. On Josh's Facebook page he had the post I will place below.

If you are a startup tech business or have a business idea and want to test it look into this program. Much like shark tank with local people.

http://www.technologyiowa.org/index.cfm?nodeID=39293&audienceID=1
I know some people who may be very interested in this so I sent it on to them. They are young college grads with lots of neat ideas.

Then I checked my email and Kay Voss, a magnolia park friend had some Junk Art that is really cool so I had to share it on the Magnolia Blog and here it is on this one.



Junk Art has intrigued me lately. Love this, Kay!! She says the body is an ironing board, bowls are on the chest, vacuum hose for arms, coffee pot for a head and a pie pan with flowers for a hat.
The 20 minutes I had on the computer before my walk flew by and I had to finish it up after my walk. 
Also on Facebook from my cousin Sherry's daughter, Joanna. "Forgive or forget, pick one." I loved it! What a great quote.

No comments: