Thursday, May 10

J.I.G.S. Day


Yesterday I enjoyed a day with the girls, J.I.G.S, otherwise noted as Jefferson Iowa Girls. Really we are girls of long ago but girls all the same. We met for lunch at the Corn Patch in Grimes, Iowa. A nice place to eat by the way. It worked well for us as they were not rushing us in any way so we were able to sit and visit for as long as we liked...and we liked alot.
It is also a place to find out what is happening. A real, ' I heard it first here first' deal because my former classmates are involved in their community and thus know what is up. Jefferson had an A & W Root Beer Stand for many years. As a matter of fact I worked their as a carhop in my youth. Little known fact as they say.Well our dearly loved A & W closed a few years back much to the dismay of many people and not just locals. Well, we will once again have an A & W and that is cause for celebration! It will be open ASAP as I understand it and they are actively getting things done. Whoohoo!!
While I had a day away Butch managed to get a move on with the house and he made quite a bit of progress too. He has started on the pocket door area and will soon have it ready for the hardware part of it. He continued working on it today so things are moving along nicely. I will be taking new pictures shortly.

No comments: