Wednesday, May 9

Sent on May 6th from Kay S

For my friends who know Bill and Kay this will not be surprising...We need to reach out to our friend in this time of need. Perhaps we should consider an intervention.
Barb
From Kay:
"I have been home exactly 1 week today and already I am dreading the summer. Bill went up to his special little fruit market just across the border in Michigan. They had fresh strawberries for 25 cents a quart. His heart stopped, his eyes bugged out and he had thought he had hit the mother lode. He came home with 20 quarts. I am just now getting done. I ended up with 9 (16 oz). Red Neck wine glasses, 18 other jars of various sizes, but most were 16 oz, and 4 quart bags of sliced berries that I froze. I could give a s--t if I ever see another strawberry. Tell Butch there will be an ample supply of jam this winter on Peach Street. Also in this same trip he got a head of lettuce, a head of cauliflower, celery, and last but not least a bag (not small) of fresh green beans. Think of me, as it is only the first week of May. Somebody please adopt me QUICK"
Kay S.

1 comment:

Kay Voss said...

Hey, I will adopt you....bring veggies. haha Jim bought at least 50 new strawberry plants this year besides the 4 long rows we already have. One would think we had 15 children living here......He did cut back and only got 40 baby chicks this year. The "other Kay"....