Tuesday, May 22

Electrical entrance


Yesterday was a big day...started early and went late. Butch changed the electrical entrance into the house. I helped. If one has never been involved in such a deal you might not know how extensive this deal is but we now have an updated electrical entrance and I am glad we only had to do this once. Today Butch is finishing hooking up what is necessary to carry on with the project.

This is the one I wanted to make. We had to enlarge the hole. 
One of the casualties of the project was a wrens nest. It was in the very top of the part that sticks above the roof. I said I helped. I didn't say I knew what all these things are called. Butch had to disturb the nest and the 7 eggs within. This pained him no end.
 So today we went to Bomgaars and bought a wren house. We put the old nest in the new wren house but have serious doubts this will work. But we are trying. Also years ago when we lived on vine street we had a wren house made from a clay flower pot on the back porch that was used every year. So we also fashioned a clay pot wren house. Maybe between their two choices they will choose to move into one of their new digs.


Keri made Butch a pecan pie this weekend. Here is a picture of what remains. It was delicious as always. 

No comments: