Monday, December 12

Two days

We have been sort of holed up for two days. It rained on Saturday pretty much all day. We went up to the hall for breakfast; Yesterday was better but it was cool and misty most of the day. Went to the hall for ice cream at 5:30. Crowd was a bit larger than normal so they tell me. I think it may have been because we had been penned up a bit more than normal and we mad mixers of Magnolia park were ready to see other people.

 Butch played shuffleboard and I went for a walk this morning. Crafts this afternoon for me. Butch, Pecan Bill, Donn and Dean went on an excursion to Harbor Freight. They stopped at Juniors and Butch brought home T-Bone steaks. They were $2.99 a pound. Earlier in the day Peggy had invited us to supper. Butch brought home steaks and I TOTALLY FORGOT our dinner invitation!!! I felt about an inch and a half tall. I swear I woke up one morning very recently and I became old. Just that suddenly. I hope I can wake up soon and find I have returned to "middle-age".
Oh by the way...the steaks were pretty good. It is hard to compare to Iowa corn-fed beef but for $2.99 a pound they were very good.
Well that catches you up. Kay says to me she needed to get her Christmas letter done but really didn't have much to say. I said say( Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Our year was the same ol', same ol'.) Actually after the year Kay and Bill had last year (same ol') was welcome I am sure.

No comments: