Wednesday, December 7

Interesting Day

Actually it started during the night...Butch started kicking me vigorously. I said, "WHAT are you doing?!!!" He said,"Sorry, I was dreaming I was in India in the bush and a wild pig had me down and I was kicking it to get it away from me."  That was a bit scary...
Today we went to Mexico to pick up some meds for us and Marlene. Short, quick trip in and back out again. The military presence is now in the southern part of town and no tourists see them at all. It used to be they were right on the bridge entrance/exit . There has been a bunch of cleaning up. The town looks pretty good really.
After that we stopped at H. E. B. to pick up a few groceries. It was lunch time by then so we went to Whataburger for lunch. Butch and I were in a booth with me facing the interior of the building. I saw a fellow digging around in the pepper condiments container. It looked strange and that is what caught my attention. People do not paw around in the pepper packets. They pick up a couple of packets and move on. Less than a minute later another young fellow comes along and digs around in the pepper packets, picks out something and carefully wraps it in a napkin and puts it in his pocket. He looked over his shoulder once when he did this. I was looking right at him but he did not make eye contact with me. The first fellow comes back again and "gets more pepper". It is the first time I have ever witnessed a drug deal but it was very obvious to me that is what was happening. I was giving Butch the play by play as it happened.
It all made for an interesting day.

No comments: