Friday, December 23

Droopy

Droopy has become a park pet. Droopy has many different names but I call him/her Droopy. Droopy is a mockingbird that has one wing, his left one, that droops and hinders his flight. He has been here for at least 3 years. Since Angel is in kitty heaven Butch decided to "take in" Droopy and has been feeding him peanuts. Today I was in the kitchen by the stove and I could hear a bird chirping in the vent above my head. I told Butch that I think your bird wants fed. Sure enough. Butch opened the door and Droop hopped over to him on the roof and just as much said I am here! Of course, Butch wasted no time feeding his new best friend. I found a picture of Droopy. It is from 2008. I will try to get a new one soon.
Droop spends a fair amount of time at Pecan Bill's place too waiting for Bill to drop him a morsel. One of his other names is Lefty.

No comments: