Sunday, December 18

Winter weather

Winter time in S S T (Sunny South Texas) is decidedly different than winter time anywhere else. Some full timers I know who have wintered in the big three, Arizona, Texas and Florida tell me that the only place you will not find freezing temperatures is in the southern tip of Texas and the lower third of Florida and I know from experience that on rare occasions it happens here as well. We are not getting freezing temperatures but we are getting damp drizzly weather with cool temperatures. It is hovering in the 50's under cloudy skies. Not exactly what one would call pleasant but it is what we call winter here. We hope for a short one.
Butch and I cleaned house yesterday. Later I worked on a bracelet and he wandered off to the pool hall.

The mail came and with it the paperwork from the insurance company I have been waiting for since the middle of November. I had given up on it yesterday and went with a different company. I hope that aggravation is in the past. Butch's supplement to Medicare will be with a different company than mine. It shouldn't be a problem.

We have tentative plans  to go to Hidalgo TX for the Festival of lights but not exactly anxious to go in the rain. We also have plans to get to South Padre but the evil red tide is still an issue and until it is gone it is not wise to go there and irritate our upper respiratory systems. Geezzzz...just one of those things.
Smileycons!

No comments: