Sunday, April 10

Visited Bob on Saturday

I went to see Bob. He made the decision to let nature take its course but he forgets now and then and wonders where his pureed food is and why they aren't bringing it. In other words the medical help he is getting(morphine) does not make for clear thinking. At this point clear thinking isn't necessary. It is a terrible thing to watch. Even 5 drops of morphine that he gets given by mouth is enough to make him choke if they are not careful in giving it. They were still able to get him up in a chair for a bit on Saturday. I doubt if that will be true for more than another day. Communicating is difficult. For one thing you do not know how much he understands and for another it is hard to understand what he says. He said I didn't have to come and there is nothing you can do. At least that is what I thought he said. I told him I came to hold his hand. He said,"okay".
It is just a matter of a few days. I hope I never see anyone else have their final days be like the ones he is having.
They will call me when the time is imminent. Please pray for his going to be less of a struggle.

No comments: