Monday, April 4

Very Large Hail

This from daughter-in-law Susan in Lees Summit MO:
When I talked with you this morning, I can't remember if I told you we had really large hail last night.  It broke out the two windows in the spare bedroom and cracked the windshield on Gary's truck.  We are working with insurance to try to get things fixed.  Those are the things we know are damaged.  I'm pretty sure that we probably have roof damage as well.  I kept a piece of hail in the freezer, so you'll have to see how large it was.  It was about 2 inches in diameter.  It sure was one heck of a storm!


From Barb:
Luckily we were south of the worst of it. After a 12+ hour drive we arrived in Carthage MO about 7:30 PM Sunday evening. We had planned to make a 3 day trip of it but when it was time to stop Butch was feeling like it would not be too taxing to continue on to Carthage. He promised we would get here before dark and indeed we did although quite tired and hungry. After a quick supper and a speedy shower we crashed for a long 10 hour nap. There was a thunderstorm during the night but it was not exciting enough to keep us awake. Today I got on my chore of catching up on the laundry; always a pleasure while we are here because of their soft water. The Internet connection did not work for me most of the day but at least it is working now. Today was a good reminder of why it is not always a good idea for an RV Park to offer park-wide Internet. They rarely work as well as the people want, resulting in a deluge of complaints. Also the people in the office need to be at least a little knowledgeable about how to maintain it. In other words they usually need very frequent rebooting and that can be a pain for all concerned. And then the owner/managers have to pay big bucks for this added headache. I fully understand why they drag their feet on this issue. Our next stop is at Peculiar MO and I already know their WiFi sucks. 

No comments: