Tuesday, November 16

Loose ends

Sometimes a person has a day whereby you tie up many loose ends. I much prefer having one of those as opposed to having several days of them. Yesterday we went to the bank in McAllen to get disbursements for next year lined up-next on to Time Warner to stop our statements from going to Arkansas. Really a story not worth taking the time to write. Knowing Butch's brother Bill lives in Arkansas is all you need to know about how that happened. It should be cleared up now. We tried to check out a couple of bead stores in McAllen but never found them. Checked out one in Weslaco but they are overpriced so most likely will not buy there or recommend it. Then we went to a mobile home place to check out floor plans for transferring the ideas to our little cottage in Jefferson Iowa. Saw lots of neat ideas some of which may stick but not many.
This morning started in more loose ends as Butch informed me he was getting low on his thyroid meds. So we got that ordered. Our insurance representative emailed me insurance papers to sign for the Jefferson property so we signed, sealed, addressed, stamped and sent that loose end. This all before Coffee hour. Then we went to play golf. Butch shot a 30 and I enjoyed a nice walk. Yes, I played. I just don't think my score is worth a mention. My mind and slate has to be clean and clear before I can play good golf. It seldom is.
Waking in the morning with nothing on the agenda doesn't seem to happen nearly often enough. Retired? Really?

No comments: