Monday, October 4

Finding spots

Today we will be finding spots to put the things we have accumulated and want to keep and throwing out things we do not want before putting our motorhome on the road tomorrow. We are going north to go south so we can avoid the Chicago area. Not so much traffic reasons as we could do that on a Sunday without issue but more so because I-80 is VERY bumpy for quite a stretch through Illinois. Also it should be a very colorful trip through Michigan's upper peninsula. We will be crossing the Mackinac bridge which gives some folks the heebie jeebies, me being one of them but many people do it daily without incident so I comfort myself with that- that and look at the floor of the vehicle or the craft in my lap for the 5 miles over. If the wind is too high they close the bridge-if moderately high they lead you across with a pilot car and greatly limit the speed. I am hoping for no wind at all.
We unhooked the water hoses last night because the temps were predicted in the low 20's. I think 26 was as low as it got but that is low enough! It is 31 as I write this. Brrr. There is frost on everything this morning.
The leaf color is fantastic! I will upload a few shots of color this morning.





No comments: