Friday, May 14

yesterday

Yesterday was the last of my testing. All results were good. I do not even have any necessary follow-up of any kind. Butch has a cataract that will need attention soon but not just yet. Oh the perils of aging...

One of the things I will relate from all the tests I have been through; Last year about this time I read that cinnamon can help regulate your blood sugar and since I had a pre-diabetic diagnosis two years ago I decided it could not hurt to try it. I bought a big jar of cinnamon capsules and took one each day. I was not particularly careful of what I ate throughout this past winter although I did refrain from the evils of white stuff (potatoes, rice, and pasta). When first told I had high blood sugar readings, my A1C was 5.9. They do not want it to be above 6.0. An A1C test is an overall reading of your blood sugars over a 3 month or more period of time. Well, when first diagnosed we all know we are much more diligent about things you need to do than after you have adjusted. I have adjusted. 6 months after I first found out my A1C was 5.5. 6 months after that it was 5.9. So now one year later and a years worth of cinnamon capsules later my A1C is once again 5.5. I am going to keep up with the cinnamon. I tell you this because it is such an easy thing to do and I know there are many among you who also struggle with the regulation of your blood sugar. Yeah, Cinnamon!
Search Amazon.com for cinnamon capsules

No comments: