Thursday, September 3

Rode a bit

Butch went to Ames yesterday to do some electrical stuff in his brother Leo's rental house. I rode the trail about 4 miles south and back.
As I ride I am scoping out potential spots for us to buy and I do spot one now and then. Found one on the north side of the track in Jefferson.
It is the perfect size lot-would be easy to access with an RV. In a part of town where no one would give a darn if we were there or not. BUT it is a scant half block from the very active railroad. In my mind that is the only negative. Would our friends not come because of train noise? I know we would get used to it. I can sleep in a busy truck stop and have a few times. This is our current dilemma.
So tell me...would train noise keep you from visiting for a week or more? Keep in mind there are three nice,inexpensive golf courses within 7 miles. And a bike trail within a quarter mile.So? Watcha think?

On the bike trail.

No comments: