Sunday, August 30

A computer related post

Below is a portion of a Ask The Computer Lady newsletter. It explains exactly why I switched from Internet Explorer to Mozilla Firefox and never went back.
" Dear Computer Lady,

My computer runs on Windows XP and my e-mail is Outlook Express. I
am having trouble opening links in my e-mails. It comes on and
says Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and must close
down. Can you please help me with this problem. I enjoy all your
help and hints very much.

Thank you, Donna

Dear Donna,

It sounds like you are having a problem with Internet Explorer. When
you click on a link in an e-mail message, your computer is supposed
to open that link in your default web browser. From your
description, your browser is Internet Explorer.

Unfortunately, Internet Explorer is part of Windows, and often times,
the only way to fix it is to actually reinstall Windows XP. This is
a big job that requires you to backup your files and then erase
your hard drive.

Some other options might be to install Mozilla Firefox or Google
Chrome and use one of those programs as your default browser."

Elizabeth

No comments: