Monday, November 17

Tuesday, November 18, 2003
We left Harrisonville yesterday morning about 7:30 A M. It was misty. We went north to go south but that is typical of Missouri and Arkansas. L
We had our first adventure as we were passing a semi. Our awning came out! It isn’t like we hadn’t been warned this could happen. We were successful in getting pulled over to the side of the road and getting it secured with bungee cords. And we think we got by without any appreciable damage.
Our destination was the home of Dwight and Madonna Louk on The Lake of the Ozarks. It is a beautiful spot. Their neighbor is a man with money who has provided 6-8 spots for RV’s with full hook ups at no cost to those who use them! Now there is a deal for ya! But like all deals you have to “Know Someone” and in this case we know the Louks.
Butch used to work with Dwight many years ago at the REC in Jefferson IA.

We had a lengthy visit yesterday including a delicious pot roast dinner prepared by Madonna.
One of the negatives to this spot is no Internet connection. But I knew this would happen on occasion and I did suspicion that this might be one of those places. When this happens I plan to write anyway and post it when I can. When we leave here we will be headed for Heber Springs Arkansas. Butch wants to take the scenic route. Many of you know how I feel about that and the rest of you can guess. But Butch is the one who is newly retired and I told him I would let him have his way until I got tired of it. ;-)


No comments: