Don't panic...that is only what it feels like. I came back to Iowa with a long list of things to get done. It looked never-ending to me at the time. It has arrived. This entire week has only one to-do on it, and that's to pick up a med refill at the pharmacy. This too has its adjustments.
This morning I decided my comfy abode needed some cleaning up, so I hit the floor running, went for my morning walk, then came home and cleaned house. Finished by 10:00 AM, then ate breakfast!
I see a curve ball in there! "Cleaned House." That is a phrase from my childhood or perhaps it is a Midwest term. And it reminds me of another term I heard lately. My sis-in-law Keri told me last week that she and her brother were going to "Put up corn." She was a farm girl, and "putting up corn" was just a fact of life. I thought I knew what she meant. After all, I had heard the term "Putting up hay". Being a town girl, my understanding was that of a town girl and not as exact as she meant. She was referring to gathering sweet corn and freezing it to last through the winter. Regional phrases are fun to run across.
Colleen and I walked at Daubendiek's Park down by the Raccoon River. river.https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/iowa/daubendiek-park-loop
It is a 0.70 walk around the loop. Beautifully taken care of.
I had not been there for years. It is one more of Jefferson's often overlooked treasures. I took some photos.
We followed this up with a visit to Henderson Park, just a short way south of town on HWY 4, near the golf course. Not a walking course per se, but definitely a sit-and-ponder park. The sound of the river running over the rocks is very soothing.
Pictures at Henderson Park:






No comments:
Post a Comment