Friday, August 9

Kitchen Adventure (Oatmeal Pancakes)

 A few weeks back I ran across a 'teaser' recipe. I disapprove when a recipe is posted partially, but you must go to a different site to get the complete recipe. And in this case, it was just another ad for something totally unrelated.  Whoops, it just occurred to me that Facebook, or the AI's at Facebook might think that is what I am doing! Nope, not me.

What teased me was a claim for pancakes with three ingredients; oatmeal, two eggs, and chopped apples. Sounded tasty to me on top of being healthy. So with no more information than that, I experimented. 

Barb's Oatmeal Pancakes

1 cup unsweetened applesauce ( I didn't have an apple on hand)

2 eggs

Oatmeal 

- I use old-fashioned oatmeal and I started with 1 cup but it seemed too "wet" so I added an additional 1/2 cup of oatmeal. I decided to let it sit for 5 minutes so the oatmeal could absorb some moisture. I used a cast iron griddle and let it get hot (350*) A tiny bit of real butter and a small drizzle of pure maple syrup and they were oh-so-yummy.

They set up well and fairly quick, easy to turn. Will definitely make these again...and again.



No comments: