Wednesday, August 16

Be careful with emails

 I just received an email that looked legitimate in every way. I did not know the person but she said she had just received my order and that $641.39 cents had successfully been taken from my Zelle account. Of course my heart went pitter-patter because I had not ordered anything. This is called phishing and they hope you will call or email them right away to "straighten them out". I do have a Zelle account so I called the bank right away and there has been no activity on that account. So I reported them as phishing even though the poor person whose name was used probably had nothing to do with it. This is what happens when you get "hacked " on Facebook. They find whatever info they can and use your identity to look legit. I deleted the message and reported them and that should be the end of it. My word of warning is to NEVER feel like you need to set them straight. 

And that is the end of my sermon for today.😁

No comments: