Monday, June 12

Myrla's Celebration of Life 2

Myrla's Celebration of Life in Rockwell City IA took place very quickly and it was well done and beautiful. Her second one took place at our home in our pool hall thus giving those who could not attend the first one a chance to attend. There were 22 of us in attendance. We played the video made by Craig Cunningham, a good friend of Myrlas' several times throughout the day. 

My cousin Howard Ed Zimmerle took some very good pictures and posted them on Facebook. You can probably find them on my Facebook page. His are better than mine and when I can get mine "fixed". I will post them.

I feel like I reconnected and made some new friends too. My cousin, Larry Zimmerle, and I had seen each other briefly at his brother, Donald's funeral 8 years ago. But it had been decades or perhaps never that we had set down for a long visit.

It was a whole day of fun visiting and reminiscing. Oh, the stories we could tell! And we did!

I learned that it was my mother who had introduced her brother Phil to his future wife Ruby. My mother Fern and Ruby were friends before the introductions and remained friends throughout their lives, traveling together all over the country after the deaths of their spouses.

I learned that my uncles struggled to make a living after they lost their father while in their teens, trying to put food on the table for their siblings and their mother.

I learned many things. We all left with 'feel good' thoughts in our heads.

No comments: