Sunday, December 18

Tidbits

 Butch and I went to the pool hall yesterday so I could hone up a bit for today's Mixed Doubles. He plays about 3 times what I do here and I can get rusty in between sessions. Yesterday I told him, "I sure hope this woman comes with me again tomorrow!" I was playing quite well. Time will tell. My friend Sally and I are hosting the event. Bev who does it every week would like a break from it so we will be alternating with her. It is a social event more than a competitive one and that can get lost sometimes. It is a great way to get acquainted with people who may not be in your circle and/or new to the park or the pool hall.

A cold front has made its way to the border and they say an even colder one will be getting here this coming week. This morning temp was 53 and I didn't think it would be that high. They were predicting 40's. Tiz what it tiz. I am crossing my fingers that this winter improves on the last one. Our new abode is toasty and as long as we stay home it remains pleasant.

Trivia is going well. Last week we had 4 teams and the winning score was held by Team Smartypants with 144 for the second week in a row. Maybe a Team smartierpants will come along and get them off their pedestal. I have done the trivia contest for several years now in at least 4 different locations and there is always one team that leads the pack. It is all done in fun however the win is a bit sweeter when it is your team doing the winning. Come join one of the teams! They would all welcome you and you might be just the person they need.

No comments: