Monday, November 21

More Rain

 Yesterday was a relatively dry day and we started to make plans for the week, outdoor plans, and then I awoke to the ping, ping, ping, of raindrops on the awnings. So I checked the radar and it doesn't look like it will end soon.

The plan was to go to Mexico to see our friend Hector and we still may ...

Yesterday was the mixed doubles pool event. My partner and I didn't win big but we played well and did our best with what we had. It was fun.

To back up a bit, Butch and I tackled the overhead lights in the kitchen. Joyce had told us they didn't clean them while they owned them. A few bugs had died up there so we wanted to give it a go. We were a bit intimidated because we feared the panels may be brittle, therefore fragile, and easily broken. That wasn't the case however and we soon had them cleaned and back in place.




And while taking these photos I snuck one in of our current computer cubbyholes. It seems we always find a space for one.


We are closer to establishing a routine in this place. I think that is the secret to making a place feel like home and it is always a little different in the multiple places you may want to call home. Establishing a routine is different and takes longer than getting settled in. But give us another week we should have a new routine firmly established.


No comments: