Wednesday, October 12

Up Jumps the Devil?

 Every now and then we get a wake-up call. I was helping Butch with a TV issue and I kept hearing a tiny voice saying 'Factory Reset". I thought it was in connection with the TV but in fact, it was on my computer. I keep the sound way down on my computer so that is why it sounded tiny and far away.

When I got back to my computer it went dark...hmmm...so I did a hard shutdown. Brought it back up and it did the same thing and then said 'resuming' waited awhile and it all came back. So today I googled 'Factory Reset" and discovered this will happen when there is an interference...my word...on your computer. I did not appear to lose anything. So it was just an episode and it all seems to be working correctly now but still, it is a sign. Or at least I interpret it as a sign.

So I ordered a replacement. Will get it Friday. I will wait to tell you what I purchased and the details of it. I did a lot of research before I hit the button so it has been a busy morning.

Now I will get back to what I was doing when my computer so rudely interrupted me!

No comments: