Saturday, July 23

Been on a Quest

 Butch's mother Marion, a good friend of mine and a very good cook, had a chicken and rice dish she would oftentimes make for a potluck offering. I really liked it! And I own the recipe somewhere but the where has been elusive. So I have found similar recipes and I have spent some time modifying them to match up with Marion's and I think I am close enough to unveil it. So here goes...

Nearly Marion's Chicken and Rice Casserole

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup uncooked long-grained rice

3/4 cup chicken broth or water

2 cans "Creamed of" soup I like chicken and mushroom

1 medium onion, chopped

3 Chicken Hindquarters, seasoned as preferred

Mix the first 4 ingredients in a bowl, and spread evenly in a greased 9 x 13 pan. Season chicken on both sides and place in pan, skin side up, on top of rice mixture. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving. Delish!

Chicken Hindquarters have been on sale frequently at Fareway.





No comments: