Friday, April 8

Goodnews/Badnews

 The good news is that the head cold was short-lived. 4 Days and it was mostly gone. The bad news is the temperature and humidity is on the rise. They are predicting triple-digit temperatures tomorrow. Only one day, but one is enough.

...forgot that I had not finished this...oh well...this too shall pass. We did have one day of extreme heat. 107 and it was a shock to the system. Both Butch and I remember the days of our youth when we would traditionally have a week or two in the summer where it would be at or near triple digits and this was before AC! We have not had this occur in many years. This one-day wonder that we experienced on 4/6/2022 was quite the surprise and everyone hunkered down in their tiny homes.  And then in the evening of the very same day, we watched the thermometer drop from 105 to 82 in a matter of an hour and by the early morning of the next day, it was a pleasant 61. Mother Nature had a TIA, I suspect. The weather for the past decade or so has been a roller coaster ride.

On to other stuff...trying to live in 2 places is not easy and I will be ready to close this chapter and head on up the road to Canyon Lake next Thursday. We will be staying with friends Terry and Lisa Linder and that is always a good time. We will be heading north from their place on Monday(19th). This will depend on the weather of course but that is the plan for right now.

Today I am doing laundry in the Park Model and I miss my front load washers! I have front-loads in Jefferson and in the MoHo and I am a convinced converter from the top loads. Clothes are cleaner and dryer when they come out of the front loader by a considerable amount. I most likely will put up with what I have for the foreseeable future.

And that, my dear friends, is enough bellyaching for one day! See ya'all soon!

No comments: