Friday, March 11

Stress!

 First off Butch is fine and so far he hasn't fallen or come down with something alarming. But this is going to be a rundown of my past month in not-so-sunny South Texas. 

I found out that my lifelong friend Mickey has cancer. I hate that, of course, but she has always been tough as nails and I know without a doubt that she will give recovery her best effort. I have talked to her...need to call her again and I am very anxious to visit her when we get back to Iowa.

And then I heard from my sister Myrla's best friend that she had fallen, broke her shoulder/arm, and was in the hospital and not doing well. When I tried to call her, many times she was not able to talk to me for a multitude of reasons. She is in a different hospital and doing much better with plans to go home either today or tomorrow. In talking to her best friend that may not happen because those who know say she is still not able to take care of herself. She has seizures, COPD, and too many other issues to go into. I do hope she can go home and get her life in order at least to the point where she can have some fun now and again.

And then...When I had the bile duct procedure they gave me two capsules of high-powered antibiotics and I forgot that when I get those I sometimes, in fact often, get a UTI / yeast infection, and, YUP, I did. I am being properly medicated now so hope to have some relief so I am working on destressing and getting back to some semblance of normal.

So all in all it has been a stressful time, some good stress and some not so good. Chill! I say Chill!

No comments: