Friday, February 4

MRI Results

 I had an MRI in Jefferson last fall. They have the latest and greatest in MRI machines. That is what they told me and since I had nothing to compare it to I didn't know. It took about 10 minutes and it was easy peasy! So when I had one here I expected it to be similar, although when I asked about it he said we want one with more detail than the one you had last fall. So it was a whole different experience. I had many deep breathing episodes and periods of time where I had to talk myself out of feeling claustrophobic. I would not be wanting another one!

The results were given to me this morning by phone. I have a gallstone and/or stones in my bile duct. I was told the surgery is outpatient with an anesthetic. Someone will be calling me this afternoon with the time and place.

I have been dealing with the situation for quite some time and it has been worsening. It will be a relief to have it taken care of.

When I had my gallbladder out in my 20's I was in the hospital for a week and my incision was from stem to stern. It was a big deal in those days. I never dreamed I would have to deal with it again! I had no idea they could form again in the bile duct. I guess if you live long enough these things can come back to haunt you.

Last year, about this same time is when Butch had a small bowel blockage caused by scar tissue he had from an appendectomy when he was 18!

They say after 50 it is patch, patch, patch!

No comments: