Sunday, June 6

Saving the bloomers

 I was gifted with a cemetery planter box. The plants were really quite healthy. I expected them to need plenty of loving care and some time in my "nursery." I have this area in the backyard where plants seem to thrive. Yes, it is where the aforementioned sewer cleanouts are located.  

I have had a Christmas cactus for several years now that really loves that spot. Karla has a "child" from this plant at her house and it is thriving there too. Karla tells me that the plant really has the attributes of a Thanksgiving cactus. I really did not know the difference but it would coincide with when I bought it at Costco. My friend Liz also has a start from this same plant. Liz asked me to bring it home so it could be hospitalized too. The mother plant succumbed to the big freeze in South Texas this past winter. It was too cold for too long.

So all of these plants have had their surgeries and are ready to grow like crazy. They do get watered with rainwater. I swear by this magic elixir for plants.

So here are their baby pics. I will give progress reports as we go.







No comments: