Thursday, April 15

Trip Log 2021

My Internet was quite sketchy throughout the trip from Sunrise RV Park in Arkansas to Jefferson, our hometown so I just threw up my hands and said to heck with it. I did have this entry all done and hit publish, something wonky happened and it was all gone. GRRRR...

We had a wonderful visit with Bill, Jo, and Jenny (dog) in Heber Springs AR. I took lots of pictures there and when I get my high-speed internet and am off my phone hotspot I will get them loaded and sent to this blog. That should happen this afternoon. I am currently waiting for the water guys to reinstall our meter.

We awoke to snow this morning. It seems to happen every year whereby we have at least one snow when we return. Last year we didn't come home till mid-May and it still happened! I would be afraid to wait till June! The forecast is for below freezing temps until Thursday so we are not in a hurry to get our belongings moved from one spot to the other.

So back to the trip log- We left Bill and Jo's early, like a little after 7:00AM. We knew it was a long trip of nearly 400 miles. We took the long way because of the famous twisty-turning-up and down route on highway 65. The 65 route is considerably shorter mile-wise but much more unpleasant on the nerves. So from Heber Springs, we went west on 25, then south on 65 to Conway then I-40 west to I-49 north that takes us all the way to Peculiar MO.

While at Gary and Susan's we had a great visit with them and the Teeter family on Saturday. One of the highlights was a Pokemon lesson given by Leo. Trust me, I know a whole boatload more about Pokemon than I did before and I could tell you the fundamentals because Leo is an excellent teacher. I think he must come by it honestly. Elise gave us a fashion show. That girl is working on her next play that will be performed in late May. She too is such a joy to visit with and has a vivid imagination while being totally practical. That sounds like an oxymoron but she pulls it off.

So it feels good to be back in our hometown of Jefferson. Now if the weather would moderate it would be perfect! The water guys were here and now the Internet guys this afternoon and we will be back on track.

Stay tuned for the pictures!

No comments: