Tuesday, April 13

Inconsequential

 Before we left I scoped out the routes for each day's travel on Google maps just as I have always done in the past and then I have them sent to my phone and By Golly, it has always worked. I also double-check everything on the Internet to make sure it is all kosher every day. I know, Trophy Gardens Keny Patrick would call me an overachiever. But then Keny calls everybody an overachiever!

Day one worked as usual. It was a route we had not taken for several years and we were not remembering things as smoothly as we would have preferred but it was okay. A good day without incident.

Day two, Sonny's RV Park at Lexington TX to Sunrise RV Park Texarkana, AR. We started out okay but then Miss Google tried to change our route and she was persistent so we went with it and no, it was not the route we would have chosen but it worked. But you know how discombobulated you can feel when the unexpected happens? Well, that is how we felt most of the day. Or at least that is how I was feeling. Butch seemed to be okay with it.

We have been up and down the 281 route twice a year for so many years that we know it pretty well, making it a relaxing trip. And now we are in an age where change is not all that welcome even though it might be good for us. So the most unknown and not remembered road is behind us. Still some ahead but not as much. From our current location, it is 205 miles to Bill and Jo's so it is a short day with family at the end. All is good! 

(For those of you wanting details- Our original plan included north on 77, to 79 north to 59 north then I 30 to our current place in the Sunrise RV Park. Miss Google had us turn onto 155 at Palestine, then 49 to I 20 picking up 155 again to 59 then I 30 to Sunrise RV Park. It wasn't bad but lots of turns. Traffic was fairly light. And roads were in fairly good shape.  In my mind the jury is still out. I am sure a second trip would seem easier. Things are always easier the second time you do them,)

No comments: