Tuesday, April 27

Oh the fun of it!

 Yesterday we went to Lowes in Ames and purchased what we needed for the pool hall bathroom. A stool and a 6-gallon water heater and a bunch of this and that needed to get it all functional. We did take time to eat at our favorite place in Ames Iowa, Hickory Park. They never disappoint! So today Butch is in the pool hall working on the installations. He says he is sure glad he isn't paying for all the hours it is taking him.

I had an appointment this morning with my heart doctor. I had managed to dodge him for nearly 2 years. 😎 So figured it was time. All is well. I only take two prescription meds and he lowered one of them by half. I consider that a victory.

My dear little sister is a heavy smoker so much of my time the last couple of days has been trying to deodorize the items we brought home from her place. I love her to pieces and I fully understand she will never stop. I love her anyway. 

I bought a product called ZEP Smoke Eliminator. It does seem to help more than anything else. Myrla kept her pool table covered when not in use and it was not used much and not at all for the past 5 years since Scott passed away (Oct. 2016). So the pool table is the least smoke encrusted and easiest to clean and disinfect of all the items. Scott was a kind and generous man. I am certain he would approve of all that is taking place with his pool table. We are thinking of him and Myrla every step we take.

No comments: