Wednesday, July 8

Expectations = Disappointments

"Life's disappointments all center around expectations."-Barbara Brooker

Don't get your panties in a wad. It was just a thought I had that was worthy of writing down. I am not disappointed nor do I have expectations. I do my best to go with the flow and live in the moment and the older I get the more successful I am in doing just that!

On a more frivolous note, Butch and I have been binge-watching "Alone". There is one season on Netflix but there are 7 seasons on Amazon Prime. It is on the History Channel too, I see.

The Netflix one was very exciting! Alone. With zero human contact and limited means, hardcore survivalists embark on an intense mission to stay alive in the Arctic.

This is the one that prompted me to search for more.

As a general update, the two of us are doing well. Butch is going to physical therapy 3 days a week and has successfully given up the canes, playing some golf with a cart, getting the mowing done regularly, feeding the birds, and is walking less and less looking like a cartoon character.
I have a couple of projects going and will relate them to you once they are farther along.

We wear masks when out in public and we go out in public rarely. Grocery store and Costco and that is about it. We social distance as much as possible and wash our hands more than we have in our entire lives I do believe.

We received word yesterday that Pool playing friends Bev and Jerry are seriously ill with Covid-19 along with 6 other members of their family. Jerry is in Mayo, Rochester MN in ICU and not doing well. Bev is at home with it. They are very much in our thoughts right now.
Bev is in front, far-left and has her hand on my arm and Jerry is in back far-right.

 

No comments: