Monday, June 29

Good Grief!!!

Here it is Monday already and I haven't posted since last Wednesday. The time flies even when we aren't doing much. Perhaps the biggest news is that Butch has set aside his canes. Both of them. It has been about a week now that he hasn't used either of them. He still has a bit of a wobble in his walk but working on getting that out of his system as well. I am guessing by Fall it will be hard to tell he had suffered a broken femur in March.

I have a few projects I am working on. 

Last Spring, as we were awaiting the okay for Butch to drive I ran across a feature about having screens on the inside of the motorhome windshield as opposed to the outside. You can see out but people cannot see in. They can tell if you have lights on but cannot see details. The outside screens we have used for years require a ladder to install and Butch's 79-year-old self does not need to be anywhere near a ladder. He isn't completely convinced of that yet but I am. So I ordered some of these screens that install from the inside and we finally installed them this past week. Easy, Peasy install! I wish we had them sooner.
They sent me some referral coupons for us so if you are interested, let me know and we can get one to you. I ordered ours from Amazon. 

We paid $137 for ours. I do not know why these are now so much higher. 
Maybe if you contact them you could do some dickering.

My front flower bed needs some updating so that is in my summer plans.  I want to put some new underlayment in and renew the rock placement while preserving my perennials. What this means is, it is a "Barb" project and not a "Butch" one and he is oh so happy about that. He would not know a perennial from a box of sox.

Another project I am working on is preserving stories for our Grands, Great-Grands, and beyond. It comes about because of this book I found. Now here again I ordered a used one from Amazon and it only cost me $5 and it came from a Goodwill store somewhere. Kansas City, if I remember correctly. I just wanted the questions inside the book with no intention of using it as a journal. I am using the Google Drives document along with the voice feature. I also use Grammarly, a correction program that is very useful and something I have used for years. My plan is to tell the story and not worry about grammar until I am finished and then go back and fine-tune it. 

So you can see that we are not standing still, nor are we bored.

In addition to this, we still have several books going. Our travel one right now is The Murmur of Bees
The Murmur of Bees

I just finished a Fanny Flagg book.

The one I am trying to read now is dragging me down a bit so I may give up on it.  I give a book 50 pages and if it hasn't grabbed me by then I move on to another. I usually like historical novels but the jury is still out on this one.
Bodies in the Tiber: An Ancient Rome Political Thriller (The Sertorius Scrolls Book 3) by [Vincent B. Davis II]


No comments: