Friday, May 15

Home again, Home again, Jiggity Jig

Since it wasn't raining we decided to start the transition from living in the motorhome to living in the house. It was so much easier when we were full-timers. We would pull into a site and be completely settled in within 30 minutes. Now it is at least two days of hard work. By hard work, I mean finding a place for all things like groceries, clothing, and tools. I have many things duplicated but then the memory of what is and isn't duplicated comes into play. The easiest solution is to be a full-timer!

Butch is feeling fine. A bit frustrated that he cannot be more helpful but I must say he has carried a large part of the load for many years and this year it is on me. And I will brag on myself just a little. I am proud of myself in problem-solving. Yesterday I retrieved the lawn cart from the shed, cleaned it out, and loaded it up for the trip to the house with things from the motorhome. It isn't all that far but it lessened the need for strength and cut way down on the number of trips. So the kitchen stuff is done and the clothes are next.

Ordinarily, I would have called in the troops for help but Covid-19 squashed that plan but ever looking on the bright side we got 'er done!

Leo and Keri did bring us supper from Casa de Oro, our favorite Mexican restaurant. Butch and I have been looking forward to a meal from there for many miles. It was wonderful!

Till next time...

No comments: