Monday, April 20

Time Passes Pandemically

Yup, it passes regardless of what is happening throughout the world. Life isn't all that much different for us. It is a good thing we enjoy each other's company. And we are good at entertaining ourselves for the most part. We read books and stuff on the computer. Speaking of that...computer...and Internet, our lives right now would be very different if it weren't for the ability to have a worldwide library at our fingertips. I have always been in awe of it. The Internet. I must say it was probably the biggest life-changing event of my life. I have always had a hungry mind and the Internet helps to keep that hunger satisfied.

The other big change these days is the amount of cooking I do. That began last June when I changed my way of eating. I do not mind cooking if I have the ingredients and the time and I do have enough of both these days. I am having trouble remembering our last restaurant meal. It was definitely before March 6th. Aha! I remember it was at Dirty Al's in McAllen for my birthday. I had shrimp and Butch had a cheeseburger.

'Nother subject. When Butch got his new phone I noticed it came with Duo.

"Google Duo is a video and audio calling app made by Google, similar to Apple's FaceTime, Facebook's WhatsApp or Messenger and Microsoft's Skype. Duo is free to use and works across both iOS and Android devices - unlike Apple's FaceTime."
Mar 30, 2020


I didn't think too much about it because I didn't have much fondness of the idea of video chatting.
I actually am not all that fond of phone audio chatting. Yesterday, Jason tried to connect with us using Duo and we were eventually able to get it done. It is the easiest program for video chatting we have ever tried. Our doctor down here tried to get Zoom working to have a virtual consultation but it wasn't working well on her end or ours so we both gave up. After the bad press on Zoom, I uninstalled it from my phone. Duo works so much easier. I think we will like it and I can see the many benefits besides the usual of just visually seeing who it is you are talking to on the phone.
We both have it on our phones now.
 I must get out to get a walk in now despite the fog. It was 74 degrees when I awoke and it will be sunshiny and much warmer soon. Till next time...




No comments: