Saturday, April 25

Meandering Mind

The youngest of our three boys was born 57 years ago today. We were in Iowa and it was a beautiful Spring day. I didn't know that until later as he was born at 2:36 am after a wild ride from Churdan Iowa to Lake City.
57 years later we are in Alamo Texas and the temperature yesterday was over 100 degrees. That puts us indoors with the AC just as surely as an Iowa blizzard hikes up the furnace. Last night as we were preparing to go to bed, I asked Butch what the temperature was as he sits right by the thermometer. 88 degrees at 9:30 PM!!! Ordinarily, we head North when the temps are consistently too warm but this year calls for some patience.

This year will be another one that will historically go down in infamy. It boggles the mind. I remember sitting in a classroom in 7th grade and the subject touched on the world getting overpopulated. The teacher, Mr. Kundrat, said that nature would take care of it as it always had in the past. I don't know that he was right but I did remember the conversation when they started projecting how many people might die from Covid-19.
We are far from over with this turn of events and I do believe it will change many things permanently. Those folks who have issues with change will struggle with it. I usually embrace change. I can't say I "embrace" it in the welcoming sound of that word but I do think I will adjust because my personal history shows me that I always have. Well I just looked at the temp and we are sitting at 79 degrees at 7:50 am so I better get to walking or it won't get done today.
Till next time...

No comments: