Sunday, December 29

Not much

Not much that is new and different is going on right now. This afternoon Butch and I are playing in a mixed doubles pool tournament. I think I enjoy it more than he does. We are not partners because when you sign up you do not play with whoever you sign up with. It is a good way to get acquainted and interact with new people that you might never have the opportunity to do so otherwise.

Butch has signed up for several pool events in the Senior Olympics of the Rio Grande Valley. He skipped the last couple of years but feels he is ready to take it on again this year.
The park sponsors various trips and I plan to sign up for a Mystery Trip on January 21st. That is one of the days Butch will be in a 10-ball tournament with Senior Olympics. He will be happy he doesn't have to go with me because the bus leaves the park at 6:15 AM and we all know how much he would like that!
The weather has been picture-perfect so far this season, perhaps making up for the past few years that were awful. Highs have been mostly in the 70's with some '80s during the day and '60s and '70s at night. I do hate to even mention it because it can change in a heartbeat.

I received word yesterday that our friend Kay Stilson had a stroke. Bill is usually the one giving us pause for thought but this time it is Kay. I am hoping it was a light one and that she will be back to her old self very soon. I am giving her some healing time before I call her and get the whole story. This is the first season that Bill and Kay have not been down here within a short distance for all the years we have been coming to Texas. It used to be we could open the door and holler at each other. Last season we had to drive a few miles to see them but we did so fairly often.

I have been rather slack with picture taking. I do not have as much opportunity either.
I think I forgot to post the ones below.

Christmas Day at Dave and Liz's:
 Butch and Bruce and some guy who hangs around on Dave's patio vitually ALL the time!
 L to R Karen, Gary, Cindy, Fred, Alex and Dave.


 Back to us and left-Sally and Paul. Then Mikie, Keny and Renie

Bob is trying to get our attention to begin the prayer before the Christmas feast.


No comments: