Friday, November 15

Our Thursday

Butch had an appointment with his favorite massage therapist, Karina, and since I had a few items I needed from Costco and HEB I tagged along taking a nap in the car while he was in session. He goes to a massage school and Karina is one of the instructors there. Here is their website: https://massage-masters.com/  He misses her when we are in Iowa.

We then made our way to Costco. It is pre-holidays but that place was almost too busy for me. HEB was next. We went to the big store and I am still not well acquainted with it to find everything I need. Never did find slow cooker crockpot liners. I know they have them but that place is HUGE.
They make tortillas at the big store and I took this pic a while back. You can watch them being made anytime.

There is a new KETO ice cream called Enlightened so I picked up a pint. 5 carbs for the whole thing. I didn't eat it all in one sitting. It was okay and I liked it well enough to pay the big bucks ($4) when I feel I simply must have ice cream.

But those must-have cravings do not hit me now like they used to. I haven't weighed for a while now. I didn't bring our scale so I have to go to the exercise room to weigh myself. I think once a month is enough. I last weighed a few days after we arrived here so will wait till about the 26th or so to weigh again. It is much more about how I feel when I eat this way than it is about what the scales say. And I feel great. The flexibility and being free of pain are plenty of incentive to keep me going.

No comments: