Sunday, November 3

Our Sunday Routine

We usually like to do our grocery shopping on Sunday morning because it is a much more peaceful endeavor. It also helps that it is early in the season. We went to our favorite breakfast spot in Weslaco where we eat at the El Dorado. We generally order sausage and egg breakfast tacos. Butch gets two and I get one. They come with a side of refried beans. And for you who wonder if I am still doing Keto the answer is yes. So I eat the innards of the breakfast taco and leave the rest for Butch. It works just fine. I needed some more salad ingredients so we stopped off at our favorite HEB. And then we went to the famous Don-Wes Flea Market. Butch needed new belts and now I am needing one too to keep my pants from falling down. We bought some pecans from the lady who used to sell pecans to Pecan Bill. She said she sure misses him and of course, we do too. She said to tell him "Hi" and since I know Bill and Kay read the blog they will see this and know.

I bought a new NuWave oven. I have used nothing but a Nuwave to cook everything for the past 3 maybe 4 years. The new one is a Bravo XL and the temperature can go higher and it accommodates rectangular pans so it works better for me. My first encounter with it was a raving success with delicious roasted veggies.

No comments: