Thursday, November 7

It slips away!

It is an amazing thing how the days slip into each other seamlessly and the next thing you know another week is gone. Here it is Thursday already. I told Butch my agenda is to get a walk in. Been slack on that lately. I would like to play a little pool to get a bit of practice in before Sunday's event.

Yesterday we met up with Donn and Peggy at Gonzales Burgers. We were very shocked because we were the only ones there at 11:30 and it is usually packed with people by then. The burgers are huge so we always order one and split it. I took a salad with me and ate part of the meat from the burger so I was all set. It was good to see Donn and Peggy again and have the freedom to sit and visit without any rush. By the time we were ready to leave the place was filling up.

On the way home, we stopped at WalMart to check out rubber boots for when we stay at the Teeters so we can explore their property in more detail. They have a little creek on the back part of their acreage. Lots of birds and other wildlife around their place. Our backyard sometimes holds some water so they will be handy at home too.

I see where central Iowa was introduced to winter. Keri sent me some pictures.



No comments: