Sunday, May 19

Weather Pattern is stuck

Being back in Iowa didn't help the weather as we are in the same pattern we "enjoyed" all winter in South Texas. One day of partial sunshine stuck in now and then but otherwise, we have the threat of rain ever present.
It was nice yesterday for the better part of the day. Preceded by the rain of course. But in the nice part, I went for a walk on the trail. I was mostly there by myself. I did not see one bicycle. All foot traffic. My curiosity got the better of me and I overdid it. I wanted to see what was in bloom and other changes since last fall. I walked the entire 2 1/2 mile route that I walked normally. I did rest on occasion but it was still too much for as long as it has been. So this morning I am hurting-nothing new there really.
I took my camera. These are trail pics of 2019.
 Lilac time

Built in 1881, the round block of 
concrete was used as the center
pivot for a turntable on which
narrow gauge locomotives and 
tenders were turned around.
 The Wabash, St, Louis, & Pacific
 railroad from Des Moines was 
eventually extended to Spirit Lake. (Iowa)



Turnaround point -I 1/4 mile from home.

I see a weathered face in this photo.


 When I took this picture I was some distance from the stump and thought it might be a bird.


 I was glad to get home.

No comments: