Tuesday, March 5

This and that

My heart doctor is playing hard to get. I called after getting the good news of ZERO on my test hoping to get a verbal okay on the phone but he is insisting I see him in person. My appointment is on March 25th and I tried to get it moved up without success. Our rent here is paid till April 21st and we had planned to leave a few days prior to that but it could be we won't be able to and still get everything done. Still riding the wave of it will be what it will be and hope for the very best outcome.

These winter days (Monday and Tuesday) stuck in the middle of our beautiful Spring are the pits. It has been a very strange Winter but they all are anymore. I remember when we came down and brought only one pair of jeans because we knew we wouldn't need them for more than a day or two. Lately, the summer clothes are the ones that do not get much wear and that has been true for the past 5 years or thereabouts. I write this with the furnace running and wearing a hooded sweatshirt indoors no less! Yesterdays low was 37 and this morning it was 40. Mid 80's predicted for the weekend. Try and stay acclimated to those numbers!

Tomorrow is my birthday and Butch is telling everyone he is taking me to Denny's for breakfast. I get a free Grand Slam because it is my birthday. And he is taking me out to eat for supper too because of the pool hall participants banquet. And on our 60th anniversary, he is taking me on a cruise...up the Mississippi! We laugh about all this as I am perfectly happy with it. Would not want anyone getting the wrong idea.

No comments: