Saturday, February 16

Sinus Situation

I have been getting inquiries into the state my sinus situation so in writing an answer to one friend decided I had better get it on the blog for all to see. 

I feel like a prisoner and that it has been a wasted season in Sunny South Texas. For me anyway. My sinus issue is entirely on the left side. When I go outside and the mystery conditions are wrong I seize up on that side and get a raging headache. And I mean RAGING. Some of the worst headaches of my life. That is what sent me to the South Texas Sinus Institute. The complication is my heart, AFIB and taking blood thinner. They want me off of it for 10 days prior to the procedure and 10 days after and they want a heart doctor to sign off on that. My heart doctor in Iowa will not because it has been more than 30 days since I had an EKG. So then I had to find a heart doctor down here, go for tests and pass them. I am in the process of that now. Doctor Himly, a cardiologist in Harlingen, has ordered an ECHO (Monday) and a Stress(Tuesday) and then see him on Wednesday and get the verdict. If all is well and I expect it will be I am scheduled for the procedure on Feb 28th.

To complicate things further I had a bad infection in my sinus. I wonder about it yet. Became allergic to amoxicillin after 6 days and broke out in hives. That produced a trip to ER. So now I am back to taking only my original meds and hoping like hell I can hang together enough to get this taken care of and recover some of the benefits of being here before we head back north. The problem in the meantime are these headaches; what causes them and getting rid of them. And that is a daily issue.

My biggest frustration is not getting my walks in. I feel they are critical to my overall well being and a big part of what has kept me healthy to this point. 

No comments: