Wednesday, February 20

Echo and stress

Monday was the ECHO test and yesterday the stress test. I think I passed both but do not get the official word until later today. There were no specific issues that the patient (me) could detect. I am glad to have that part behind me. If the rest goes as I expect I will have the sinus procedure at 7:30 AM on Thursday, February 28th. I will keep you all informed.
Wrote the above and then did not get it published and it no longer applies.
Another delay: Stress test showed differences from the test of May 2018. So I had some decisions to make. First off it means rescheduling the sinus surgery...again. So I am not even saying when it is rescheduled because it depends on too many factors. Tests possibly needed: Coronary Calcium Score. A simple 10-minute test and if the score is zero we are good to go. If not then we need an angioplasty to take a closer look inside the heart and remove all doubt and know exactly what we are dealing with. I could skip the Calcium one and go straight for the angioplasty and perhaps I should have. But I didn't. I opted for the simpler test once again hoping for the best and it is scheduled for March 15th!! That feels like forever away and I almost told them to cancel everything. But they talked me into keeping the appointment and calling to tell them I would fill in if they had any cancellations. So I did. That is when I found out I have to call every day about 3:30PM to see if there are any cancellations for the next day! So I guess you know what I will be doing at 3:30 every day.
I am doing what I can to meet my goals in a minimum amount of time. Wish me luck!!

I do like my down-south heart doctor. He is a straight shooter and is doing his best to not let me make a mistake. And he told me that he is impressed with the doctor who is doing the sinus surgery if it ever gets done. He said he is very good at what he does and has lots of experience. Sometimes we get led to the right decisions in mysterious ways.

No comments: