Monday, November 5

Antenna's

Butch and I have had antenna only for at least  7 maybe 8 years now. In Jefferson, we have a roof antenna we bought for about $100 because our signals were at least 50 miles away in some cases. With the motorhome, we also have a roof antenna. I think they call it a Jack. I was looking through the tips page I have on this blog and ran across this post that is still pertinent today so I am reposting it. Even if you do not need it for practical purposes it is interesting nonetheless.







Going old school for TV
On more than one occasion we have been asked about how we get by without satellite or cable TV. I found this website that would be very helpful for anyone considering it.

Before determining what type of antenna you will need, find out how far away you are from the TV stations you want to watch.

I used this site " www.channelmaster.com/Antenna-Selection-a/134.htm" to get an idea of the stations close to me. I soon realized that most of the stations were 43 miles from my location. In total, I had around 29 channels at my disposal.

What I loved about this site is that it gave me feedback about the signal strength for each channel in relation to my location. Also, it recommended the location of the antenna for the best channel reception.

No comments: